About Me

My photo
Just a girl in her 30's who likes to cook, and loves her sausage dog, who is a bit of a Princess.

Thursday 26 May 2011

Easy Herb Pots

Recently I've been on a bit of a mission, to re-cycle/re-use, and my latest effort is these cute little herb pots made from lidded pots that have had some kind of foodstuff in (which I've of course devoured first).

This particular one was for cream, but also yoghurt, sorbet etc come in similar pots with see-through lids.

You can spend quite a lot in Garden Centres on those mini propogator things, and these do the same thing!

First, just wash out the pot and lid, and dry. Fill about 3/4 with compost, sprinkle on desired seed, and cover with more compost. water and put lid on.
Write the name of whatever you have planted on the lid with marker, and put in a sunny place, to let nature do it's magic!
As a complete glutton, I hugely advocate growing things you can eat!!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent idea - am so doing this when I move back home! x

    ReplyDelete