About Me

My photo
Just a girl in her 30's who likes to cook, and loves her sausage dog, who is a bit of a Princess.

Thursday 8 September 2011

Slow Cooked Beef Curry

To serve 2:

I used 3 beef medallions that I had in the freezer, cut into thin strips and lightly floured, but use whatever beef you like
I also like to cut corners where poss, so I used
a frozen cube of, crushed ginger, crushed garlic, crushed green chilli and crushed coriander
1 red chilli, finely sliced
 2 spring onions, finely sliced
 3 tomatoes, roughly chopped,
1 red onion, finely diced
1 tin light coconut milk, and 1 tin of water
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp turmeric
1 tsp paprika

In a frying pan I started by frying off the frozen cubes, and then added the finely diced red onion
Once the onion started to soften I added the tomatoes and the dry spices. This needs to be cooked out for a couple of mins, then put into an oven proof casserole dish.
Use the same pan to lightly brown the beef, and then put that in the same casserole dish. Now add the coconut milk, and refill the tin with water and add that too. Stir, and put in a pre-heated oven at 150'C (fan) for about 4 hours. You really want at least 3 and could probably get away with 6 if you turned the oven down a bit.
After 3 1/2 hours I added the sliced red chilli and the spring onions. I served it with a pea and garlic rice, which was nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment