About Me

My photo
Just a girl in her 30's who likes to cook, and loves her sausage dog, who is a bit of a Princess.

Thursday 24 January 2013

Snack Attack

Obviously we all know it's January, and I'm gonna hold my hands up and admit that I well and truly made the most of the Christmas spirit in December, and therefore I'm going for the usual 'January weight loss plan'.

However, I am NOT on a diet. I've done enough faddy diets to realise by now that they don't work long term, they make you feel deprived and therefore binge, and the only pounds you end up losing are the ones in your pocket!

So as a general rule I'm being good 80% of the time and naughty 20%.
One of the things I am a sucker for though, especially at work, is snacks. So I've come up with a solution that is actually blooming lovely. Popcorn. Not the fried in butter and slathered with hot caramel type (althought that sounds fricking lush!), but the air-popped kind.

I borrowed (with no intention to return) the popcorn maker that my Mum has had in her cupboard for years and bought some seasonings online. All I do is add some kernels to the machine, let it do its magic, then shake on my flavour of choice. The seasonings are super low calorie, so guilt free snacking is on!

Now I just need my bruised ribs to feel better so I can add in my exercise routines I have planned (Jillian Michaels will be helping here!)





No comments:

Post a Comment